Technology is taking over our lives for sure. Every home is full of devices that suit a particular family’s lifestyle. So, Nobody can imagine a life without a high-speed Internet service nowadays. However, to set up internet service, you need to be familiar with all the required hardware and software components.
You can contact Spectrum customer support to hire a professional to do it. But when you have a tight budget, there isn’t much of a choice than doing it yourself. Each of these options has its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s explore the two methods of installing Internet service in detail.
Choosing this method means that you’ll have to hire a technician for this job.
- You don’t require technical experience yourself
- You can ask him/her about other service-related issues
- If a problem arises, he/she can fix it instantly
- You’ll be charged additional fees
- You’ll have to schedule an appointment
The additional fees can be exempted if you are a subscriber of the Triple Play Service. In that case, the Internet will be installed at your place free of cost. However, if you have subscribed to a Spectrum cable Only plan, then you’ll need to pay the charges.
If you are on a tight budget, you can install the service yourself.
- You won’t have to pay extra fees
- You’ll a lot of technical stuff
- You can do this at your convenience
- You’ll need to have prior knowledge regarding device set-up
- If you are short on time, that could be a problem
- Self-handling of all new problems may not be possible
Now that you have considered the pros and cons of both methods, it is time to ask a very important question.
Should You Opt for Self-Installation?
Consider both the options one by one; Do you think you can manage to do it on your own? If a problem arises mid-way, what means can you resolve it?
If you are opting for this method, make sure that you have the required time and equipment to smoothly carry it out.
- The Guide and Instruction Manual
- A Spectrum Compatible Modem
- A Wi-Fi Router
- 2 Power Cables
- A Coaxial Cable
- Multiple Ethernet Cables
Make sure that you have all these things right in front of you. Searching for things during the process of installation can get very frustrating.
Step by Step Guide for Installation
- Find a cable outlet
- Connect an end of the coaxial cable to the cable outlet
- Attach the other one to the modem
- Plugin the power cable to the modem
- Turn on the power source
- Wait while the modem gets connected to the Internet
- The Wi-Fi status light turns green, which means the Internet is connected
- Get your Wi-Fi router near the best signal source
- Place it near the modem
- Connect the two by an ethernet cable
- Attach one end of the power cable to the router
- plugin a power source
- When the router shows green light, the internet is connected
- Get an ethernet cable
- Connect one end to the modem
- Connect the other end to your device
- The Internet is ready to use
If you already have a Wi-Fi card installed, you can skip this step. Devices like mobiles, computers, and laptops can easily be connected to Wi-Fi. Just look for the Spectrum Wi-Fi Password and username at the rear side of the router box or the device. You can also change these anytime through the device settings option.
Spectrum Internet Activation
Once you have installed the Internet service, it is time to activate it. Follow these easy steps:
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the router
- Connect the other end to your device
- Open the web browser on your device
- You’ll automatically get redirected to the activation page
If for some reason this doesn’t happen, just use the link “spectrum.net/selfinstall” to activate your service.
Reading Suggestion: What Channel is HBO on Spectrum-TWC?
If You Weren’t Able to Self-Install?
Although the self-install method is quite easy, sometimes things don’t go as planned. So, maybe it just isn’t your day or maybe confusing things keep popping up on your device. You can always opt for the professional installation option if such a situation arises.
Also, professionals can easily fix things for you. Just book an appointment and clear the area of work. So, Make sure you have the equipment ready before he/she arrives.
There are two ways in which you can get your router and modem; Renting or Buying
Routers and Modem are provided by the Internet providing company at no additional charge. Also, This is a very reliable option since any issue can be easily resolved through tech support. Issues that arise due to bad weather like Spectrum Error Code IA01 get easily resolved because the equipment is rented by the same company.
If you want your devices to have more advanced features, then it is a good idea to buy them. Moreover, there are many high-quality modems available in the market for you to choose from.
This guihttps://tvandinternetdeal.com/blog/how-to-fix-spectrum-error-code-ia01de should be enough to let you install the high-speed Internet service easily. So, just get connected and start streaming your favorite shows on your device.