Do you want to have a hassle-free experience while watching your favorite shows? Then Spectrum TV App is the right choice for you. It offers 300 live TV channels and about 30,000 on-demand shows.
Spectrum is a company that provides Internet, TV, and Voice services active in almost 41 states. It has managed to attract about 28 million customers until now. Spectrum Cable Service is also the 4th largest one in the country.
What is Spectrum TV App?
It is a smart app that lets Spectrum customers watch their favorite channels and shows on mobiles, tablets, and even some streaming devices. So, you can watch live TV and on-demand shows on the go as long as you are connected to the Internet.
This app can be downloaded from Google Play, Amazon and App Store. All you need to do is to fill your login information and you are good to go. The best part about this app is that it is free of cost.
Spectrum TV App Compatible Devices
Since this app can be used on a range of devices, you may not have to buy new devices to use this app. Some of the compatible devices are:
- Xbox One
- Roku sticks and TVs
- iPhones and iPads
- Samsung Smart TV
- Amazon Kindle Fire tablets
- FireStick/Fire TV
- Android devices like smartphones and tablets
Step by Step Guide to Using The App on Various Devices
Downloading and using this app on any device is super easy. Below are the guidelines for setting up the app on various devices.
Android Smartphone and Tablet
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play
- Sign in with your login and password
- Depending on your subscription, use Charter, Time Warner Cable or Bright House Networks username and password to sign in.
- Go through the guide to see what’s available on the app
- Start streaming
Roku Device and TV
This app can be used on Roku streaming devices, TV, and Sticks except for the first generation ones. The steps to set up this app on Roku are:
- Make sure that the device is connected to the Internet
- Go to the Roku store and download the app
- After installation, open the app and select ‘Get Started’ to authenticate
- Accept terms and conditions to start streaming
Apple Devices: iPhone and iPad
- Make sure that these devices are running iOS 9.0 or higher
- Go to the App Store and download the app
- After installation, agree to Apple terms and conditions to start streaming
- Open your console and sign in to your Xbox Live account
- Download the app
- Agree to terms and conditions to get startedFireStick
Setting up the Spectrum App on FireStick can get a little tricky because it is not available on the Amazon App store in many areas. In such a case, you can use these 2 methods to install the app.
1: Enabling Apps from Unknown Sources
- Go to Settings on your device and click the ‘device’ option
- Click on the Developer options
- Turn on the ‘Apps from Unknown Source’s option
- After this step, download the app to start streaming
- Through the Downloader App
2: Open the Downloader App
- By entering the Spectrum app’s URL, download it
- Click on the ‘Install’ button
- After installation, open the app and start streaming
What Sort of Content is Available on This App?
This App allows you to stream multiple channels and channel apps. No matter how many people are using this app, as long they are connected to the Internet, they can watch their favorite shows without any hurdles.
So, if you already have a subscription to Internet packages like Spectrum Internet Only, nothing can stop you from streaming your favorite movies and shows. So, You just have to download the app and fill in the login information to access some cool channel apps and channels. Some of these apps are:
- HBO Go
- Cartoon Network
- NBC Golf
- The History Channel
- Hallmark Channel
and many more.
Some More Perks
Apart from the wide range of content being offered on this app, below are some other benefits of using this app.
Watch Your Favorite Stuff Anytime
You don’t have to sit and wait for your favorite shows to stream live on TV. You can watch your favorite movies and programs anytime and anywhere. So, if your husband wants to watch Game of Thrones on HBO Go while you have to stream Knightfall on The History Channel, you don’t have to worry from now on. Although many channels and apps on this app make content available for live streaming but not all of these do so. So, you’ll have to watch out for those.
Something for Everyone
No matter how old or how young the audience may be, Spectrum TV spp has something for everyone in its store. From Cartoon Network to Hallmark Channel, everything is you in Spectrum coverage map by this app.
This app also allows you to set parental controls to protect your kids from watching adult content. You simply have to select this option from settings and create a 4-digit PIN to limit access to certain channels.
Requirements for This App
To make sure that it runs smoothly on all Spectrum TV App compatible devices, your Internet speed must not be less than 10 Mbps. Moreover, you shouldn’t be late with your payments ever.
Never miss your favorite shows again by downloading this TV app on your devices. Imagine you are also a subscriber of Spectrum Voice and are on an important call with your friend. At the same time, your favorite show is streaming as well. What would you do? Just this app to pause the show and watch it later at your convenience.